SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A non-profit has paid disconnected the location owe of Adam Gibson, a Sacramento County sheriff’s lawman who was killed successful the enactment of work aft a pursuit led to a shootout adjacent Cal Expo successful January.
The enactment Tunnel to Towers announced Wednesday that they paid disconnected Gibson’s family’s owe arsenic portion of their third-annual “Season of Hope.”
Gibson was 1 of 8 fallen California archetypal responders chosen for the gift. Tunnel to Towers said successful a quality merchandise it “immediately took connected the mortgage” of Gibson’s family’s location aft his death, and it was afloat paid disconnected arsenic of November.
Gibson, 31, was a six-year veteran of the unit and was killed on with K-9 serviceman Riley. He near down a woman and young child.
“The feeling of my location being paid disconnected is specified a relief…My hubby and I built this location truthful to beryllium capable to rise our girl successful it is specified a blessing. It gives america truthful overmuch to beryllium thankful for this year, adjacent if it is the worst twelvemonth of our lives,” Wife Rachel Gibson told Tunnel to Towers.
The afloat database of archetypal responders was:
- Los Angeles Deputy Sheriff Thomas Albanese
- Los Angeles County Firefighter Specialist Tory Carlon
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Sergeant Harry Cohen
- San Diego Police Officer David Sisto
- Pomona Police Officer Greggory Casillas
- San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Dominic Vaca
- Kern County Deputy Sheriff Phillip Campas
- Sacramento County Deputy Sheriff Adam Gibson
In total, Tunnel to Towers said it volition beryllium paying disconnected 65 mortgages betwixt Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.